Jasmine Rose Macarons





Every time I make macarons, it’s always a love-hate start. I question the macaronage, my flavor pairings and most of all, why am I so stubborn when it comes to these little buggers?
I’ll tell you why. It’s because macarons are all about technique – 5 ingredients (the basic macaron recipe) to triumph or 5 ingredients to hair-pulling frustration. That’s right, these cookies contain only five ingredients. One fold too many and you’ve over mixed the cute little feet right out of them, one fold too few and you may end up with lopsided feet. Turn the heat too high and they will implode or end up hollow, too low and the bottoms will stick from being under baked.


There are a few more factors to take into consideration before I completely scare you off of these cookies. Let’s agree, as I once said in another macaron post, ugly or not, feet-less or cracked – they will still taste good.


But in my pursuit of trying to control all the variables, I’m doing a lot of testing, so stay tuned and I’ll report my findings in a comprehensive post soon. Until then, let’s enjoy these Jasmine Rose Macarons filled with raspberry jasmine flavored jam and champagne buttercream. If you really want to get creative with the filling, check out all the suggestions here on my Instagram feed, after I put out a filling query.



Jasmine Rose Macarons



Yield: Makes about 50 cookies




Ingredients:



Macaron
  • 35g granulated sugar

  • 105g egg whites

  • 230g confectioners sugar

  • 130g almond meal

Filling
Raspberry Jasmin Jam
  • 1 cup seedless raspberry jam

  • 1 teaspoon loose jasmin tea leaves

Champagne Buttercream
  • 8 tablespoons butter

  • 1 1/2-2 cups confectioner sugar

  • 1 - 2 tablespoons champagne









Read More: Jasmine Rose Macarons


EmoticonEmoticon