Tropical Citrus Collins






Lots to talk about today, like my new found skill of mastering house plants, hence the title of 90 Days of Green Living—more on that in a bit. The first order of business: Tropical-Citrus Collins.

It’s easy to make and perfect to celebrate any achievement in life—small or large. And since life doesn’t always give you time to get all mixologist and stuff, it’s nice to have a cocktail that you can easily throw together.
To start, grab some Tropicana® Tangerine Lemonade for the base – perfect when you don’t want to squeeze your way through a dozen-plus lemons. It’s unique blend of tangy and sweet citrus juice makes it my go-to cocktail vehicle. From there all you have to do is add a little gin, some muddled pineapples, a squeeze of tangerine, soda water and you have yourself a killer tropical cocktail.
Of course, the other reason I reach for Tropicana first is because they leave out all the artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners. Which means sans the alcohol and I’m sipping on this all day.

Speaking of work, lets talk about my reason to celebrate: 90 days of Green Living.  Forever and ever, I have always had a black thumb, even with hardy herbs like rosemary and mint. They would thrive for about two weeks then take on a slow death, mocking me with their yellow-brown leaves that would finally fade to all the leaves just limping and wilting away.
But then a just a few months ago, I decided I was going to beat that black thumb of mine. So I looked up “easy house plants”, easy as in ones that didn’t require a lot of work. I started with a few pothos, ivies and finally picked up a fern hair maiden- a notoriously fickle plant. They not only lived, they were thriving – whaaat?
I’m so proud.

My boys make fun of me because I talk to them and tend to them so lovingly. Cole calls them my girls. I loved that he refers to them as girls because prior to their arrival, Piper (the Yorkie) and I, were the only females in the family. But now we outnumber the boys. Yay us!
Confident by my success, I picked up a fiddle leaf – even more notoriously hard to maintain than The Maiden. I’m 90days in and all the girls are doing great. I showed that black thumb of mine who’s boss!
Never mind that all this celebration might just be an indication of how long I’ve failed with plants. But those days are gone, so let’s celebrate small achievements like this, yeah? Cheers!

Tropical Citrus Collins


Ingredients:

  • 4 oz. Tropicana® Tangerine Lemonade
  • 1 tangerine, juiced
  • 1.5 ounces gin
  • 1 ounce simple syrup
  • 4 oz. chopped pineapple
  • soda water


EmoticonEmoticon