Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies









Rolling this cookie dough in my hands makes me so happy. I’m immediately thrust back to grade school, making cookies with my mom and my friends.
I love biting into the chewy cookie and having those vanilla notes hit my nose. It’s a little bite of nostalgic satisfaction that you can’t get anywhere else.
Sugar cookies come in all sorts and sizes, but my favorite is the kind that’s soft and chewy. This is the type of cookie that you roll into balls between your hands and then press flat before baking.
It’s one the most basic of cookies, with all the standard ingredients you’d expect: butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla. Combined, they make the perfect sugar cookie.




Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies Recipe




Leave these cookies plain, frost them after cooling, or dress them up with colored sparkling sugars sprinkled over top before baking.




Ingredients


  • 1 cup (225 g, or 2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature

  • 1 cup (200 g) granulated white sugar

  • 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar

  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 1 large egg

  • 2 1/4 cups (315 g) all-purpose flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

To finish:
  • 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated white sugar








Read More: Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies


.
.
.






EmoticonEmoticon