Sugar Cookies









When looking for good recipes for sugar cookies, I turned to my dear friend and Alabama native, Steve-Anna. She gave me two family favorites and we each picked a batch to make. Steve-Anna takes cookie decorating to a level unimaginable to me, so we are starting here with her cookie photos and cookies recipe. I chose a minimalist approach to decorating in the second recipe listed, as you will see.




Sugar Cookies Recipe




Ingredients


Sugar Cookie Recipe number one
Cookies:
  • 3 cups flour

  • 1 cup granulated sugar

  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1 cup soft butter

  • 1 egg, slightly beaten

  • 3 tbsp cream

  • 1 tsp vanilla (can substitute almond extract)

Icing
  • 1/3 cup Crisco (transfat-free) or a 1/3 cup of softened butter

  • 1 pound of confectioners sugar

  • About 1/4 cup of milk

  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla








Read More: Sugar Cookies


.
.
.






EmoticonEmoticon